[Healeys] Comment for what it is worth

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 10:36:43 MST 2008

Perhaps the operative word here is "Funnies":

Some folks have no sense of humor esp. when they are the owners  of the ox
being gored, so if it's not funny to them then it's just not  okay regardless of
the day of the week.  In any case  our experience with on-list jokes about
religion, race, politics and  maybe even gender has been negative.

I know of a couple folks who qujt this list because they took offense  at a
joke containing religious/racial stereotypes which the  poster found humorous.
Was it funny--maybe. Was it appropriate--no.   I for one can live without
reading them here.

Best--Michael Oritt
In a message dated 3/21/2008 1:19:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,