[Healeys] Comment for what it is worth

John Sims ahbn6 at optonline.net
Fri Mar 21 07:59:35 MST 2008

I for one enjoy political sniping, raunchy political jokes and cartoons
however, this campaign has EIGHT months to go and it appears that it will be
a no holds barred one with innuendos, mud slinging, half truths and
everything that I abhor in American politics more so than in any campaign
that I can remember over almost 50 years that I have been able to vote.

I suggest that if we want to make political comments to each other, we
should make them direct and not through the list. We should not strive to
have the "last word" on this type of discussion and we should remember that
with eight months to go, the bitterness will only grow and grow.

In other words, let's keep the list to Healeys or any topic other than
politics. Passions are running high now and the campaign has barely started.
How much higher will they go over the next few months? Discussions such as
this only serve to scare people away from the list.

John Sims, BN6

Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com