[Healeys] Brake Fluid Who Knew?

Dave Russell rusd at sitestar.net
Thu Mar 20 20:30:38 MST 2008

Hi Bob,

They did get it right earlier in the article.

I just replied to Bob Johnson's question.  Personally, I don't worry
about brake fluid contamination or water content. Never had a problem by
not regularly changing fluid. Tried the FASCAR test in several vehicles
to see if it does anything. Just a matter of curiosity. But I still
don't know. The eight year old fluid in my Toyota, with ABS, still shows
a  low copper content. As I said, the 24 year old fluid in my truck
shows a high copper content. Both still work faultlessly.

I am certain that it (FASCAR) IS geared toward selling more brake system
flushes which are profitable to commercial shops.

Regards,
Dave