[Healeys] Upholstery questions!

Randy Dickson rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com
Wed Mar 19 12:09:48 MST 2008

Fellow Healeyoids,
I have a couple of questions regarding upholstery for my 63 BJ7. How many
yards of vinyl do I need to do the entire interior, dashboard, dash top,
door panels, foot boxes and fender well areas, etc?  The material comes 54
inches wide.  I was thinking that 4 yards should do it but I want to order
enough. My upholstery person in town says that she can get the material for
$19/yard which appears cheap to me.  Also, how thick do I want the foam for
the dash top?  I was thinking 1/4 inch but I don't know.  I assume that no
foam goes under the rest of the vinyl but it just glues down on top of the
pressboard or whatever you call it panels. Thanks!

Randy

Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ7
66 Cobra replica