[Healeys] Shock Conversion Kerplosion

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 05:23:38 MST 2008

Hi All -

This is not meant to be any sort of slight with Udo Putzke because I know he
will fix my problem but...

I installed his kit on my BJ8 and the right hand upper link for the front
tube shock has completely broken off at the weld from the upper mount for
the tube shock - the thing just broke not for any reason other than from
normal use in the city here in Hong Kong  (a little more bumpy than normal
freeway driving).

I was wondering if this has happened with anyone else?  If so, it now has me
thinking if the front kit from Udo is really up to the task?  Should I go
back to the old lever shock?  Udo's kit is beautifully made but the upper
link shouldn't break off so easy.  I don't want to have to go through the
grief of installing it another time only to have the tube shock mount break
off again.

What are your collective thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Alan
'52 A90
'53 BN1