[Healeys] upper trunion bushings

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Mar 16 13:34:06 MST 2008

George,

My BJ8--which I've owned since it had 64K miles--had some damage (a curb
strike, apparently) on one side but not the other, but the camber was
3-4deg positive on both sides.  Though nominal is 1deg positive, most
unaltered Healeys appear to have at least that much.  I used the offset
bushings at full offset to pull the camber in close to 1deg.  That--and
an alignment by a competent shop--made a world of difference in my car's
handling.

Since there is no camber adjustment for (stock) Healeys--a real
shortcoming, unfortunately--I suspect the factory "alignment" was a
matter of how well the jig was set up--or how many pints the fitter had
at the pub the night before--the day the shock plates were welded in.

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net