[Healeys] (no subject)

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Mar 16 06:03:19 MST 2008

Hi Ken,

I always use black dress maker's felt cut into strips about 3/4" wide and
carefully glued into the channel. The glue is the old fashioned premium
contact cement (the stinky stuff, not the water based green stuff) applied
with a small thin brush. The glue only gets applied to the bottom of the
channel. I use a small piece of same thickness plexi as original to sort of
burnish and press the felt into the channel while the glue is still good and
wet, being careful to keep it even as it's pressed into the U shape. Let it
set up for an hour or so untill it's well cured, then pop the new panels
into place.

Rich Chrysler