[Healeys] [Spridgets] 'glass' fenders, etc.

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Sun Mar 9 16:07:39 MST 2008

I agree that replicas of the factory offerings would sell far better than
the fugly stuff in their current catalog.

I found a mint MKII Sprite/MKI Midget factory top on Ebay just a few years
ago out of AL, and paid something like $127 plus Greyhound shipping. They
are the rarest of the factory Spridget tops, it seems, but they can be
found. Occasionally you can also find an Ashley fastback top for a MKII
Sprite/MKI Midget.

2  seat BN6/BN7  factory big Healey hardtops are super expensive, super
rare. I believe they share the same mold for the fiberglass of the much more
common BN4/BT7 hardtop, with differences in the aluminum frame to match the
curve of the 2 seater.

The reality is ALL factory hardtops, and rare specialty after market hardtop
prices are way up. It took the Sprite hardtops a while, but a mint Bugeye
hardtop can go for a grand now. A BN6/BN7 2 seater hardtop is north of $4k.