[Healeys] Identify a Tachometer

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 14:31:56 MST 2008

Hello Marv;  The RN 2301/01 is for a 1957-58 100-6 BN4 / BN6 and the RN 2301/01 is for a 1959-62 BN7 / BT7.  I have attached a listing of Smith Instruments for the Big Healey which can also be found at:   http://www.ahcso.com/TechTalk/TechTalk.htm   I originally got the data came from several Smiths catalogues and a BMC Fast Moving Parts catalogue.  Hope this helps..
  --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; '60 MkI BN7 & '62 MkII BT7

Marvin James <britcrs at gmail.com> wrote: << I have 2 gold face tachs. One is identical to the one in my BT7. The other appears identical at first glance but has 2 differences. The number on the face is RN. 2301/01 vs the BT7 RN. 2351/03. A more obvious difference is the redline. 5250 RPM on the BT7 and 4800 RPM on the other one. Any ideas what the application is (was)? >>

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives