[Healeys] A question about "LWB"

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Mar 7 04:42:50 MST 2008

In the BJ8 Registry, I have many examples of certificates with incorrect data -- obvious mistakes on some, and more than one example of certificates obtained for the same car at two different times that do not have identical information.
Transcription of the build data from the microfilmed build records to the certificates leaves room for human error, but considering what is being charged for the certs now, one would think that more care would be taken and mistakes would be more infrequent than they are.
BMIHT will replace a cert that can be shown to be in error.  However, in at least one case I know of,  BMIHT refused to correct an obvious error in a body number because the error itself was in the build records.
Andy Pole has said he called BMIHT about the LWB on the cert in question, but without the identification of the chassis number Richard Brotherton had no idea what the letters mean.  I will forward Andy the number and hopefully he will try again.  If BMIHT comes up with an explanation, I'll let the list know.
Until then, everything else is just speculation.  I was hoping that maybe someone else had a cert with the same letters, but no one has yet said they do.

Thanks for all the responses.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry