[Healeys] WW Balance in SoCal Area

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Sat Mar 1 11:32:10 MST 2008

According to Hendrix Wire Wheel:
When the wheels are assembled at the factory, they are laced so as to be
within factory tolerance for radial and lateral run out. Since the hubs,
rims, and spokes are new, this tolerance can be achieved without the
spokes necessarily be tensioned evenly! Result? When a new wheel is
subjected to a load, it may go slightly out of round.
     They also say to check them again after a few hundred miles after
spokes have streched and the holes in the rims have enlarged
slightly.  They may be out of round after a load has been placed on
them during this time.  So maybe I should just have them mounted
locally and send them to Hendrix after the first few hundred miles.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

Ron Davies