[Healeys] front calipers

Steve Thomton scthomton at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 10:32:10 MDT 2008

On the other hand, I have always split the caliphers (works on Corvettes and
others why not a AH?).....no problems and much easier to deal with the
halves....I like to hone the cylinders to clean them up and you can't do that
when they are together.....putting the pistons in is easier when they are
split.....you do need a new rubber seal between the halves when reassembling
but they are available...  I torque to about 40 lbs on the small bolts and 50
lbs on the large bolts.....suggest using the method Steve Byers recommends for
removing the pistons.

Steve Thomton
BJ7 Works Rally replica