[Healeys] Sticky floats

Johnsen, Bernard bernard.johnsen at ngc.com
Fri Jun 27 07:49:20 MDT 2008

Alex -
	Was your problem a sticking float, or a needle valve that did
not shut ? When my needle valve does not shut, I turn off my fuel pump
(I have a switch in series with the pump) and run the engine until all
the gas in the float bowls is used up. The floats are now at the bottom
of the float chambers, and the needle valves are WIDE open. Turning the
fuel pump back on causes an inrush of fuel, which usually blows any dirt
off of the needle valve, and it will then work properly. This works for
me, and it requires no disassembly of the float lid.
	- Bernie, 1967 BJ8