[Healeys] transmission

Russ Staub bbb11489 at azboss.net
Mon Jun 23 10:36:45 MDT 2008

Dave,

I agree with your assessment, based on my early experience with my '63
(purchased new).  After about 65000 miles in three years, my tranny
frequently popped out of 2nd when decellerating or engine braking going
down hills.  I liked shifting, and normally downshifted when braking.
Being an inexperienced Healey newbie, I never really knew what caused
this, but I do know the tranny had never been touched since I had bought
it new.

Russ