[Healeys] Fw: On the road to Conclave

Bob Brown blkbt7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 05:51:51 MDT 2008

Steve,
Left Chicago Saturday to drive RT66 (again) to San Diego.
Traveking
in the BT7 with Ian & Wendy Gibbs from downunder,
they are driving our Bugeye.
First two days pretty uneventfull.
Currently in Miami, OK it is raining and
could rain foir the next 50-75
miles. May put the tops up. Maybe we'll see
you on the road.
Bob Brown

Hello,  Healeyphiles -

Today was departure
day for our cross-country Healey drive to Conclave in
San Diego.  I joined
George and Sherry Haywood this morning in Jacksonville,
NC.  As they rolled up
behind me at our meeting place near their home, their
BJ8 just died.  While
George and I poked around the engine bay looking for
obvious reasons why the
car would start but not run, Sherry pointed out the
fuel pouring onto the
ground under the engine.  Ah!  Carb overflow!