[Healeys] Side Curtain Storage

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 13:59:00 MDT 2008

Hi Ron;

Sidecurtain bags for British sports cars are already available. Check out
http://www.sidecurtain.com
According to their literature,
" each sidecurtain storage bag is made of a tough vinyl that is typically used
to make bank deposit bags and is designed to accommodate both sidecurtains.  A
protective flannel lining and divider separates the sidecurtains, which
greatly reduces the likelihood of scratches on their delicate surfaces. It is
sealed with both snaps and a Velcro strip. The bag slips easily into the
trunk, behind the seats, or can be carried on the luggage grid. There is also
a nylon carrying strap. Black bags are stocked, other colors are available by
special order. "

Another option can be found at
www.vintage-sportscar-touring.ca/custom-made.html  Quoting: "Side screen bags,
hand made, made of water resistant material, the interior of the bag is wool
lined with a center wool divider to keep the side screens from rubbing
together. Dome fasteners are used to close the top flap. Loops sown on the
underside of the bag allow you to mount the side screen bag and your luggage
to the luggage rack."

I came across these websites while searching for suppliers some time ago and
pass on the site FYI.  I have never dealt with either outfit nor have any
financial interest.  So, according to that ancient line - buyer beware.  : )

As far as securing the storage bag, I just lay it on the spare tire and use a
couple of elasticized cords with metal hooks on either end..
 --Scott Morris         Simcoe, Ontario              BT7 Tricarb & BN7 MkI
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

PS:  I was at the VARAC Vintage Festival at Mosport this weekend and watched
some neat Sprite racing.  There were also several Big Healeys racing and Jeff
Johnk in his 100-6 did quite well.  Michael Oritt was also there with his '58
Elva Courier.--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Ronald J. Ray <ronald-ray at sbcglobal.net>
wrote: << Folks,  I'm tired of seeing my side curtains in a different place
each time I open
my trunk after driving my Healey.  Did roadsters come from the factory with
any method for securing side
curtains inside the trunk?  If not, has anyone created or discovered a clean
attractive securement
method? >>