[Healeys] ethanol

James Shope healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Thu Jun 19 21:49:48 MDT 2008

when they first started touting ethanol to replace oil, i asked the question
about what happens when more and more corn is used for fuel, thus driving up
the price of corn, to where it becomes uneconomical to continue to produce
ethanol.  what is done with all that ethanol infrastructure, etc.  i remember
the great oil shale fiasco back in the 70s where the price of crude dropped
dramatically when oil producers realized we were serious about alternatives.
i think the great oil shale distilleries are rusting away somewhere in the
dakotas.   we need a better plan than ethanol.    healeymanjim