[Healeys] Fwd: MORE Sebring 3000's

sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Thu Jun 19 01:40:47 MDT 2008

Several books have repeated the error of listing 767KNX as the entry and
class winner for 1965. In fact very little has been written about them ,
I believe due to the fact they were not BMC works cars and therefore not
supported by the MG Comps Dept./ BMC publicity machine. Therefore few
photos and records exist

Joe
   Now this is a subject close to my heart. For those who have not viewed
   the  film I urge you o do so. At oo.33 the Healey 3000 comes into view
   and  again  thro  the  film.  This is the works entry by Donald Healey
   Motor  Co. identified as 767KNX, the only 3000 for 1964 and the second
   to last 3000 raced. 1965 was the last DAC953C.

   767KNX  was  later  in the hands of Ted Worswick who owned the car for
   approx. 20 years before it was put on the auction market several times
   over.  These  lightweight  racers with Donald Healey Motor Co. chassis
   plates  are rarer than the BMC rally cars. Only 5 of these lightweight
   racers  were  built, all painted Healey Blue with white hardtops. 1963
   three were built only two raced.( 54, 56, & 57FAC ) One in '64 and one
   in  '65.  All  still exist and are accounted for. Amazingly 4 of the 5
   survived  with  no major damage and have always been roadworthy with a
   high level of originality.

   Several  books  have repeated the error of listing 767KNX as the entry
   and  class winner for 1965. In fact very little has been written about
   them  ,  I  believe  due  to the fact they were not BMC works cars and
   therefore  not supported by the MG Comps Dept./ BMC publicity machine.
   Therefore few photos and records exist

    This email is intended for the use of the individual or entity named
   above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
      any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is
   notify us immediately by return email or telephone (02) 42 722200 and
                       destroy the original message.

   Whilst all due precautions are taken, The Wge does not represent that
     any communication via email (including any files attached) is free
   from computer viruses or other faults or defects. We cannot be liable
   for any loss or damage that may result directly or indirectly from the
   receipt of such communication. It is the responsibility of the person
   opening the files attached to scan those files  for computer viruses.