[Healeys] Spring Washer

Charlie Frazer cfrazer at jcomm.uoregon.edu
Wed Jun 18 14:26:59 MDT 2008

The vent window handle on BJ8 is held in place by a pin and prevented
from rattling by a spring washer.
Does anyone know a source for these washers?
Moss lists them NA in the Healey catalog but carries them in the MGB
catalog.  However, they are way too stiff to compress with your fingers
and you can't use a clamp because of the compound curves of the handle.
Both the Moss washers and the ones I've ben able to locate in hardware
stores are zinc plated steel about .033" thick.
If anyone knows a source of thinner washers, or washers made of a
different softer material I'd sure appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks,
Charlie Frazer
cfrazer at uoregon.edu