[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 368

Dave Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Tue Jun 17 20:08:28 MDT 2008

Patrick,
 Wellll...while pulling the plugs in that manner is a good indication of
mixture at highway speeds of the time, there is no earthly way that your
Hollywood guy could know exactly how high or low the piston was within the
suction chamber, so any "sanding" of the needles was still totally a guess.
Better to have the SU needle guide which gives needle taper every 1/8" and
then swap them around after starting with a bunch of pretty close to factory
spec. needles. ATMO
Dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs