[Healeys] High Lift Rocker clearance issues

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 18:39:42 MDT 2008

Steve,

I put on the 1.6 roller rockers from Rocker Arm Specialst about 2 years ago.  They went on rather easily but I did have to be quite careful with the oil tube and their nuts.  As noted the tube could stand to be slightly longer to help with aligning the nuts in their holes.

I did not observe any rubbing of the pushrods on the head at installation but it was obvious that they were all very close.  Recently in retorqing the head I did see that about half of the rods did rub at the top ever so slightly.  Not enough to be of a concern

Keith Pennell