[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 376

Patrick Yoas pyoas at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 06:54:46 MDT 2008

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:21:48 -0700
From: Bob Spidell
Subject: [Healeys] Re-arcing Brake Shoes
To: healeylist

Listers,

On my last long cross-country in my BJ8, I got a little squeak from a
rear brake on hard braking; I suspect it may be time to re-shoe the ol'
hoss.

Hopefully, I can have the drums turned as they have been balanced. If
so, I'd like to get the shoes re-arced to the new inside diameter of the
drums, but I suspect this is an arcane science that may not be widely
practiced any more. Is this (re-arcing) recommended or necessary? If
so, has anyone had luck finding a parts store or machinist that can do this?
TIA,
bs

Bob,
  I had my brake drums balanced by Hendrix Wire Whell and then when I got them back I had my rear brake shoes redone and had them "mated" to the drums". There was a noticeable difference in braking!!! I used a company here in Dallas, Texas to do it. I can send you the name, etc. of the parts/machine store that I used if you need it.
  Patrick
  '67-BJ8

End of Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 376