[Healeys] redline

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 14 23:31:30 MDT 2008

Jim,

Is it possible your expectations were too high?  I installed MT-90 for
protection and wasn't expecting any difference in shifting, but was
pleasantly surprised by smoother shifting and quicker O/D engagement at
all temps.  Did you install MTL or MT-90?  That could make a
difference.  Of course, my BJ8 has steel synchros so that could make a
difference, too.

Besides smoother shifting and quicker O/D, when I changed the fluid at
my normal interval (10K/two years) I thought there was less brass
"shake" in the drained fluid.  Not hard data, I know, but it was
noticeable to me.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net