[Healeys] CA Model Year License Plates

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:41:49 MDT 2008

I read the law Len posted and it says that in July of 2009 Californians may to
use plates appropriate to year of manufacture. I'm not sure of the costs of
it. I personally pushed my state politicians to allow this. I have saved their
letters which were all in favor but the head of the DVM would not budge. He
felt they were unsafe because they did not reflect at night. I gave up only to
find out otherswere also working on this as well. They were successful and I
hope I helped. This has actually caused a rush on flee-market used plates. The
cost went up as people are getting ready. This is way beyound a Healey thing
but had support of all car enthusiast from Hot Rod to classic mussel cars.
Another Rich on the List
AKA: tahoehealey> From: thehartnetts at earthlink.net> To:
healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:47:04 -0700> Subject:
[Healeys] CA Model Year License Plates> > The following is part of Division 3,
Article 8, Section 5004.1, of the > California Vehicle Code, as cut and pasted
from the DMV web site. The > brackets with numbers indicate changes effective
Jan 1, 2008, and were > mostly grammar changes and the addition of pickup
trucks. The full text and > fees required can be read at the DMV web site.> >
"Model Year Date License Plates> 5004.1. (a) ( )1 (1) Subject to paragraph
(3), an owner of a vehicle that > is a 1969 or older model-year vehicle or the
owner of a commercial vehicle > or a pickup truck that is a 1972 or older
model-year may, after the > requirements for the registration of the vehicle (
)2 are complied with and > with the approval of the department, utilize
license plates of this state > with the date of year corresponding to the ( )3
model-year date when the > vehicle was manufactured, if the ( )3 model-year
date license plate is > legible and serviceable, as determined by the
department, in lieu of the > license plates otherwise required by this
code.(2) The department may > consult with an organization of old car
hobbyists in determining whether the > date of year of the license plate ( )4
corresponds to the ( )3 model-year > date when the vehicle was
manufactured...".> > (The Other) Len> Vacaville, California, USA> 1967 3000
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys at autox.team.net>
tahoehealey at hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive