[Healeys] Painted front badge update

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 14:34:59 MDT 2008

Jim:  No companies to recommend since I repainted mine myself.  Having spent
some time researching colors and sources, I ended up with nail polish.  At
Thrify Drug Stores I found Petites by Scherer, Number 56, Blackberry.  It is
a metalic nail polish and when looked at in the right light and angle looks
sort of like - kinda like - similar to, cloisonne if you don't look too
closely.

Taped off the wing sections including the raised frame around the text, but
not the text, then airbrushed on several light layers of 'paint' to prevent
running.  With lacquer thinner applied to a cloth wrapped around a stiff
backing, rubbed off the 'paint' on the high spots which is the text.

I redid mine in 2006 and it is still looking reasonably decent.  Not trying
for concourse so what did I have to lose for less than two bucks?

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031