[Healeys] Seat pans

David Schweninger quenty at ntelos.net
Mon Jun 9 17:49:45 MDT 2008

Bruce,
I bought re-pro seat pans from David Homonek (on Ebay) which seem to
fit the seat frames pretty well.

   There is an on going problem with the molded seat foam parts.
Apparently Moss has the same problem
  I bought a complete Heritage Interior. The seat foams are not molded
correctly. If you fit the foam into the seat pan so it fits correctly
across the front, there is about a 1 1/2 gap at the back. If you pull
the cover down over and under the seat pan you'll have about a 1 to 2
" gap.
  Heritage is well aware of the problem. I guess new tooling for the
seat foam is too expensive.
So their recommendation is to stuff whatever you have handy into the
space until the gap is filled.
    I glued a piece of  foam across the back of the seat foam and then
slowly trimmed the sides until the cover fit properly.
  The next problem was that the pleats and the bolster w/piping was
not sewn together far enough back. Allowing the the foam to show.
Sewing this by hand is a real bitch. Check this out before you glue
the cover pleats down
  Also the  Heritage instructions say to use "supplemental" foam on
the bolster. When I pointed out that it was not furnished in my kit. I
was told "we don't use that any more".
This means the pleats are as high or higher than the Bolster.  I added
a 1/2 thick piece on top of the bolster.
I've attached some pictures which may help.
Good luck,
Dave and Daisy ( Who has nice round Bolsters)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN2725.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN2728.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN2729.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN2727.jpg]