[Healeys] turning the engine by hand

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 08:28:48 MDT 2008

Guys, I've tried moving the car in gear to turn the engine, and it doesn't
work for me in any of the gears.  Since I have a plastic Texas Kooler fan, I
would be reluctant to try to turn the engine with the fan.  I use a spanner,
and even that isn't really easy even with the plugs out, and that's why I
welded an extension to it for a little more leverage.  Even so, turning the
engine to adjust the valves isn't my favorite job.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA