[Healeys] Steering Box Seal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 15:36:57 MDT 2008

I bent the tip of a (cheap) long, thin slotted screwdriver 90deg and
used it like a pick.

To replace, I flattened (like a screwdriver) the last inch or so of two
long steel rods on a bench grinder and "walked" the seal up the shaft
with the rods and gentle hammer taps.  The rods need to be long enough
to clear all the brackets and hardware around the steering box.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net