[Healeys] rear disk brake

E.A. Driver edriver at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 2 19:55:48 MDT 2008

Hi Alan

Amusingly I was thinking of calipers, and not rotors.  The rotors are
not a problem
as there are a variety of import as well as domestic rotors which can be
used. You
first need a good reference such as AIMCO parts book -which has mounting
requirements, hat depth, hub opening, it is cross references between
makes; and
several good wrecking yards for test samples.  I have been do this for a BN1
potential conversion, surprisingly the Saturn rotors are a good source
for the
rear.  As to the calipers for the BJ8 they can be XJ6 and XJS; and  I
believe
looking at the E-type parts manual -those calipers may also work.

As to the article I wrote it was based on what I received with the
inherent over
sight by Cape of not looking at the late BJ8's bounce tower and assuming
"one size" fits all.
In addition, the sloppy packing resulted several items omitted to which
they refused
to supply when approached about the absence pieces.  In looking at
conversions
for BN1 on their site recently, and in their literature, I did note the
kit for the
BJ8 was identical to the advert I responded to in 2000.  I think the
article is
fine as it stands as it provides some ideas not provided in the
instructions.

Kind regards
Ed