[Healeys] California License Plates

Ron Davies rdavies1 at cox.net
Mon Jun 2 17:40:27 MDT 2008

To All:
Last I heard was that CA DMV wasn't allowing you to use old plates anymore
unless they had been on that car continually so be careful.
I have seen some order the "vanity" plates with vintage letters/numbers then
have them re-struck and repainted black and gold. Not legal but when "run"
show up as registered to that driver. I even talked to one 55 Chevy owner
who was stopped and the local police didn't say anything about the plates.
Ron O. Davies
SoCal
67 BJ8
97 DB7

If anyone is looking for some vintage California plates, try eBay
#370057124234.

Doug