[Healeys] Young Healey Owners

Taylor, Todd S todd.s.taylor at lmco.com
Mon Jun 2 07:09:20 MDT 2008

Usually the cars you grew up with are the ones you likely buy or restore
when you can afford to.  What's happening to the Model A's today??  That
group of owners should be real old by now (maybe)  how is the price
holding up on those??  Maybe the same case for a Healey's as time goes
on..
I hope the younger generation finds an interest in these cars.  I bet
for the most part the cars will be pasted down to other family members.

I was always into British sports cars but the first time I saw a Healey
it was love at first site.  I bought 2 1959 BN6 100-6's from a guy back
in 1978 when I was 19 or 20 for $300.  My Mom had a fit when I brought
them home, I stripped one down for parts to make one good car.  Sold the
rest for parts and trashed stuff I couldn't get rid of.  I drove the car
back in 1978, 79, 80.  Then the car went into storage as I traveled
around after College at different jobs.
I still own that car today and have worked on it on and off again over
the years. I just started the major restoration this year.
I haven't driven it since 1980.  My wife wanted me to put the car out to
the curb to many times but the love of wanted that car as a kid is still
in me.
I hope in the next 5 years I'll be able to drive it again.  Still have a
long way to go.  I hope I have the money and the time to finish it.
I'll get a real rush of satisfaction when it's done.
Making a nice driving out of it not concourse. I still need to make a
web site so the list can watch my progress, just hope it's not like
watching paint dry..
I have a 1980 MGB as a summer daily driver that needs help now too but
it still runs.  I just love those older British cars.

Todd

1959 100-6  BN6
1980 MGB Limited
1996 Audi A4 Quattro
2003 Audi A6 Quattro
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi SLT.. for sale..
2001 Sea ray 210 Sun deck