[Healeys] Austin 0r Austin Healey

sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Thu Jul 31 23:46:53 MDT 2008

The following information may not interest all on the list. I think the name
depends who you are dealing with. The F.I.A ( Federation of International
Motorsport ) controlled and managed the sports car championship in 1965.This
championship was officially called - 'THE MANUFACTURER'S CHAMPIONSHIP' and was
a promotion opportunity for manufacturers to show the value of their products.
Events were held at Sebring, LeMans, Targa Florio and a fifth race I can't
remember. In our case the Make entered was Austin Healey. Most interestingly
the entrant was Donald Healey Motor Company. The Healeys entered in this
championship were fitted with chassis plates that  identified the 3000
as 'HEALEY GT and manufacturer, Donald Healey Motor Company.The LeMans/Sebring
Sprites of that time had similar chassis plates. YOUR CHOICE, but I would not
argue with your government or you could end up as an unidentifiable kit car
Joe