[Healeys] Missing Under Load

Jaap Aeckerlin j.aeckerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:05:06 MDT 2008

Friends,
maybe the attitude towards motoring is different in Europe, but as soon as I
read the numerous threads about Lucas rotors and distributors I decided to
install a 123 Electronic ignition. Fully electronic, no extra parts under
the bonnet/hood, and both cap and rotor are of Bosch manufacture - in fact
they are standard Bosch items with their part numbers shown in the 123
instruction manual.
(And the same goes for the fuel pump - I use a Pierburg rotating vane type
pump and neither ignition nor fuel supply have ever let me down).
I  go for reliable motoring and have given up the idea that everything on
the car has to be original.
Diagonal tires, anyone?
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 (which just failed it' s Government test because I have
original wheel nuts with two projecting arms - and that's considered to be
unsafe to bicyclists and pedestrians. Have to borrow octagonal nuts for the
retest. What a country!)