[Healeys] synthetic oils

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 07:00:31 MDT 2008

In aviation circles, mineral oil is known to do a better job of
scavenging combustion byproducts.  It also degrades more gracefully than
synthetic (though synthetic holds its characteristics longer).  There
are no full-synthetic oils made today for piston-engined aircraft, but
there are several semi-synthetics.

Something (else) to consider if your Healey doesn't have a particularly
"tight" engine.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net