[Healeys] FW: Still Missing under load 64 BJ8

Dan Stromquist dan at warner-associates.com
Tue Jul 29 09:35:11 MDT 2008

Roland:
I went home and ran it last night so I could give you accurate answers:
1.  Seems to miss more after warmed up but does miss when it is cold.
Pulling choke out does not affect anything.
2.  It misses whether in overdrive or not but is much more noticeable under
load especially while in OD and running at above RPM 2200.  I don't dare get
it to higher RPM than 3000 it starts to miss so bad.  I tested it this
morning and it did miss without a load but does seem to as bad.
3.  The symptoms seem to subside when I let up on the load and cruise easy
at lower RPM( I baby it back home under 2000 RPM worried it will quit).
4.  I am now noticing a distinctive knock or loud ticking on start up that
goes away after 30 seconds or so.  If I rev it up the knock gets louder and
more distinctive.
Dan