[Healeys] Still Missing under load 64 BJ8

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Mon Jul 28 21:58:42 MDT 2008

Alan, you ARE hitting on all 6 cyls today!!!!!

<<You should learn to do some of the diagnostics yourself.>>

Agreed!!!

<<I guess what I was trying to say is I don't like it when I hear of shops
just swapping everything out - that means they are guessing.>>

1000% CORRECT (and agreed!!) !!

<<I would replace the valve (i.e. the plunger) and spring with every
rebuild.>>

Absolutely.
That IS automatic on ALL LBCs I do (and that covers a gamut<G>).
And I do agree replacing same now might just help.

<<I have MT90 in my BJ8 gearbox and I can tell you it leaks alot less than
when I had 30wt in it.>>

Actually, I was somewhat surprised by that?!?!
This the Hong Kong car (can't keep track<VBG>!!)??

Ed