[Healeys] Still Missing under load 64 BJ8

Dan Stromquist dan at warner-associates.com
Mon Jul 28 13:38:05 MDT 2008

Roland:
1.  Only misses after warmed up and comes on gradually until I don't think I
can even make it back.
2.  Does not seem to miss when it is cold but hisses, coughs and sputters
when I hit the gas hard while at idle even when warmed up for a few minutes
under no load (with the choke all the way out does help). We put in rich
needles in the carbs.  I am going to put a meter on the exhaust and check
the mixture at high speed load as well as at idle.  Even after fully warmed
up sometimes I think it is going to outright quit when I come to a stop
light and the RPM drops to about 500.
3.  It misses whether in overdrive or not but is much more noticeable under
load especially while in OD and running at around 2200-3000 RPM.  It does
miss at higher RPM but not as bad or noticeable it seems to me.
4.  The symptoms seem to subside when I let up on the load and cruise easy (
I baby it back home worried it will quit on me).
Dan