[Healeys] Fw: BN7 car numbers

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 04:58:08 MDT 2008

" The car, engine and body plates match the British Heritage information"

John, if I'm reading you correctly it isn't that the BMIHT certificate has
an error and doesn't agree with the body plate.  It is that the body plate
has the same number as on the certificate, and those numbers don't agree
with the manufacturing info available from Clausager and Anderson/Moment.

In that case, whoever stamped the body number on the plate appears to have
made a typo and it was recorded that way in the original BMIHT records.  If
the BMIHT records say the body number is 12792, then they won't change your
certificate to match reality.  Your car will just be an anomaly.  Although I
can't prove it at this point, in the BJ8 registry I have quite a few
batch/body numbers recorded from the actual body plates that don't match the
usual pattern.  I think these are just mistakes in stamping.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA