[Healeys] Oil leak at clutch housing

Phillip Leslie phillip.leslie at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 27 16:11:36 MDT 2008

First, thanks to all who helped me with my BJ8's overdrive problem. It was a faulty relay. The current problem is an oil leak through the drain hole in the bottom of the clutch housing. It's the hole with the cotter key in it. This started right after I filled the trans and overdrive with Redline MTL. Could an overfill cause this? The dip stick is showing oil above the "high" line. I followed the manual regarding the required number of U.S. pints but it appears to be overfilled. Before I start draining the $10 per quart oil I thought I'd check with the experts.