[Healeys] BJ8 Tops, Tonneaus and Covers ..... questions.

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 13:57:19 MDT 2008

Hi Listers,

1.  Tops:  I recently bought a VERY cheap new black vinyl soft top for my BJ8
on ebay.  I was careless and did not pay attention to the details, as the ad
said 'all big healey models bla bla'.  It arrived with 12 stud snappers around
the rear of the hood - no good for the BJ8.  But still a nice top - anyone
interested in it email me off line at rnb at ix.netcom.com
Question - where should I go for a good BJ8 top - the canvas mercedes type of
material?
2.  Tonneau:  I have a tonneau that came with the car 20 years ago.  It fits
the car, but has 5 snapper studs around the rear and 2 on each side.  I
believe only 2 are used on the BJ8 at the rear, so I have 3 unused studs in
the middle.  Which healey uses 5 rear snappers?
Question;  where should i go for a good BJ8 tonneau in the future?
3.  Top Cover/Boot:  I have no cover - where should I go to get a good cover.

Appreciate your BJ8 experiences on price, quality and fit.

Robert N. Blair  65 Yellow BJ8  rnbmail at yahoo.com