[Healeys] Reversing Polarity-66 BJ8

Charlie Frazer cfrazer at jcomm.uoregon.edu
Sat Jul 26 11:40:47 MDT 2008

Mike,
Some, but not all, points type fuel pumps are polarity sensitive.  I
believe ALL electronic fuel pumps are polarity sensitive.
If you reverse polarity on one of the older points type pumps that is
sensitive it will run erratically rather than not at all.  I don't know
how to tell the difference between the pumps but others on the list
may.  I believe there is a different diode for + and - ground.
Charlie