[Healeys] Fw: Why Don't depress the clutch ?

Robert Larson robertlarson at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 24 13:07:51 MDT 2008

This is true with all "modern" cars that I have driven.  However as I understand
it this is mandated as a safety regulation, at least here in the USA, by  our
big brother government.  Our old cars are a hazard as it could be started in
gear and hit something in front of us.

That being the case any other starting issue or advantage is irrelevant.

Bob
55BN1 and a bunch of real hazardous Brit bikes (Right Foot Shifters, also
    		      outlawed)

M Lempert wrote:

  In fact, my old Supra required the clutch to be depressed before it would
  engage the starter.

Mike L.