[Healeys] Overdrives

Ronald A. Fine ronfineesq at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 22 15:39:25 MDT 2008

Is there any way to determine if the overdrive has disengaged?  My situation is that when I broke a fan blade on the way to Conclave I was traveling about 75 mph with overdrive engaged.  I immediately shut down the engine, put it in neutral to coast to the side of the freeway and then flipped the overdrive dash switch off.  Is there any way I can check to see if the overdrive has actually disengaged?? I haven't driven the car since but I have repaired the damage and I am ready to back it out of my garage.

Ron Fine
61BN7