[Healeys] time to paint

F. Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:08:25 MDT 2008

Hello Listers.
I am going to paint my 1965 BJ8.

I bought it about 8 years ago after what had been purported to be a
full restoration. Pictures included. It may have been but I doubt it.
Older and wiser.

Over the past 8 years I have had the car worked on first by Absolutely
British when Eric was in So Cal and later by Frank McClain, in Encino.
Both great shops.

Most parts have been replaced and it is now a very nice car with over
10,000 miles of run in.

It is time to repaint the body in the same beautiful BRG. I am looking
for a recommendation in So Cal from happy customers.

I saw an ad in SCM by Charles Tanner. I know he is related to Kurt
Tanner but I do not know if he is the guy that was doing all of the
great paint jobs or whether that was Kurt's dad.

Any one know?   Has any one had the Tanners paint your car?

Feed back appreciated.

Ron Rader
1965 BJ8
Los Angeles CA