[Healeys] Healey insurance.

Mr. Bill bn1 at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 19 11:39:13 MDT 2008

I had decided not to publish the results of my research a few months ago
because so few cars would qualify and they don't write the policy nation
wide.  But after these posts, I changed  my mind..

I was quoting my restored '53 BN1 at an agreed amount of $50k with as
few use restrictions as possible and higher liability limits.

Hagarty was the highest with Grundy coming in second.  Roland Wilhemy
suggested I try AAA which is  where I went.  The problem is they will
only write near perfect cars. They decline 68% of submissions including
my one-owner '72 240Z.  They have virtually no restrictions other than
drivers age and record and the car be garaged; no usage, mileage, club
only events, parades, etc.

My policy is $250/500/100,000 liability, $5,000 Med, $100/300 UM and
$49,950 Comp & Collision agreed amount with ZERO deductible.  The ANNUAL
premium is $315.00.  That includes discounts for good driving record and
club membership.  They won't write $50k or higher without an appraisal.

YMMV but be sure to try The Auto Club if you qualify.

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
Healey w/AAA, other cars elsewhere