[Healeys] Loss of Power BJ8-Update

Dan Stromquist dan at warner-associates.com
Fri Jul 18 11:47:03 MDT 2008

Problem solved-so I am told.  There was a miss under load that was corrected
by replacing a bad coil wire?  They also put on a new Lucas cap and replaced
the plugs with new Champions.  Since the old ones were burning white, we are
going to swap out the needles in the carbs to burn richer.  The prior owner
had switched them to the richer UN and when I rebuilt them we went with UH.
Condencer and coil checked out OK.  The original perceived lack of fuel
problem turned out to be bogus other than the lean mixture issue.

The inside the gas tank coating by Tank Renew appears to be done right.  The
gauze covering on the fuel outlet seems to be clear and the shop says they
have had many done at the same location with no problems.

Regards,

Dan