[Healeys] New car!

kentmclean at comcast.net kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 08:04:03 MDT 2008

Peter Linn wrote:
> I currently have to decide whether to stay with the Holden motor (compliance
> issues) or to source an orignal type motor. I prefer the latter route - so any
> Aussie listers with a 4 cylinder motor or parts thereof they're prepared to
> part with, let me know!

How about a "green" Healey? Drop-in a diesel and run it on
vegetable oil.

Years ago some (Dennis Welch?) put a London taxi diesel
4 cylinder in a 100. IIRC, it was pretty much a straight drop-in
(being similar blocks), with the difficulty being the change to
the diesel bits.

Good luck sourcing a 4-cylinder eninge, gas or oil burner.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2