[Healeys] (no subject)

sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Mon Jul 14 23:11:35 MDT 2008

FWIW
The most important electrical protection switch is the gearbox mounted item
that cuts power to the solenoid when the gear selector mechanism is in the 1st-
2nd plane and reverse. Reverse being the critical condition with the overdrive
mechanical and cone clutches. The throttle switch relay is a switching system
that avoids O/D engagement at low speed/revs and high torque.None of my cars in
40 years has had the throttle connected and I have never had an O/D failure
even with using the O/D in hillclimbs, sprints and fast mountain pass driving.
I am sure works Rally cars did not have throttle relays fitted. QUESTION how
many of todays drivers are using their accelerators to extremes?