[Healeys] Fwd: Missfire followup 1

philritten at aol.com philritten at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 21:44:56 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: philritten at aol.com
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Sent: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 8:26 pm
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Missfire followup 1

Thank you all for your input. I bought a plug socket (I was using a regular deep walled socket before) and it gave enough clearance to get #6 off. A couple of the center shafts came out of the plugs when I removed them. I pulled the slightly used plugs, cap, rotor from my project Healey and put them on and it seems to be working fine. I still hear the puffing noise, and am still getting pinging under hard acceleration. Hopefully, tweaking the timing will help get rid of the pinging.
?
If I'm looking over the radiator to check the timing, BTC is right of mark correct? There is only one mark, not multiple marks like on some cars how do I judge 10 BTC?

Thanks again!

!