[Healeys] Steering spacer

Chucknsueo at aol.com Chucknsueo at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 11:57:59 MDT 2008

Does anybody have  a steering box mounting bracket spacer that they'd  be
willing to part with?  It is BMC part 1B6195, Moss part 667-790.  I  know I can
buy it new but wondered if somebody has a good used one that  they'd want to
sell.  Please contact me off-list.

I removed the steering column from my BT7 tricarb with great  difficulty.
The nuts came off of the bolts at the steering  box fine but the bolts would not
come out.  I soaked them in PB  blaster, used a big hammer, air hammer, heat,
etc but nothing worked.   After a couple of weeks of non-progress I finally
got out the sawzall and cut  the bolts at both ends of the spacer bracket.  It
turns out that the bolts  had corroded and essentially welded themselves into
this bracket.  Even  with the bracket out I can't get the bolts out of it, and
it is cracked and  missing a few pieces, not to mention being two sawzall
kerfs shorter than  standard!  I didn't have this problem with my BJ8 steering.
They came  right out and cleaned up nicely.  I'm not sure how common it is to
have  these things seize up like this but it surprised the heck out of me!

Chuck Ott
Middletown, DE, USA
62BT7, 67BJ8, 69AN9